KPNY Boutique at Hong Kong, Harvey Nichols Pacific Place
Since the 1980’s, the Kwan family has been very successful in producing premium crocodile handbags with a team of skilful craftsmen in Singapore. They exported their products to Europe, Middle East and East Asia. Mr. Kwan M.W., who has been CEO of KWANPEN EAST ASIA, expanded the company’s portfolio to New York in 1995 and eventually registered as an American company known as KP (New York) INC., or KPNY in short, in 2002. Making use of their distinctive exotic leather know-how and expertise acquired over 60 years of hand-making classic crocodile handbags, KPNY specializes in products made from a variety of other exotic leathers offering a wide range of leather bags and accessories. KPNY collections are able to reach out to a niche market whose consumers have strong passion for genuine exotic leathers products. Today, KPNY products are marketed in the East Asia including Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong and Macau. Plans to enlarge the market to the major cities of Europe, the Middle East and China are in the pipeline.
KPNY Boutique at Bangkok, CentralWorld Shopping Centre
Design Inspiration & Core Values of KPNY
KPNY is a family business and the way they run it is filled with humanity, whether to product or their workers. Their core values are to respect the natural resources, sustainable development and making full utilization of the resources.
- Respect life and the natural resources – the family believes each piece of leather is a unique individual and they are the craftsman to show the beautiful and best side of it. Every KPNY handbag is unique as every piece of leather used is different from the next. Just like our thumbprint, the natural pattern on each handbag helps easy identification.
- Sustainability – KPNY is not about fashion trend, commercial product nor mass production. The brand does not follow seasons when it comes to product launch. The handbag comes with a certificate issued by Cites and the family will only source the leather from farm recognized by UN CITES Washing Convention.
- Heritage – for both the craftsmanship and every handbag they produced. KPNY produces handbag of high quality as they wish the customer can pass it along to their next generation. Thus, even for the tinniest details of all attached metal fittings, they are all milled from solid brass or stainless steel that should last forever.
Highlights of KPNY products:
- Very stringent selection of exotic material, normally in Grade 1 with minimal defects
- Tanning skill with fine finishing, especially on bright and vibrant colour
- and-Stitching with German technology
- Inner lining with top grade lamb leathers for most products
- Metal components are either stainless steel or solid brass